Global Expansion, Global Remote Work and Global PEO
Global expansion is exciting, but it can also be overwhelming. While you want to hire a new workforce as quickly as possible, red tape and complicated laws can intervene with your expansion plans. This is where a Professional Employer Organization fits in because expanding your business abroad should be hassle-free and easy.
As a Global PEO company, we can help you with your global expansion and we want to get you as informed as possible.
What is a Global PEO?
PEO is an acronym for Professional Employer Organization. The reason why many companies choose to work with a PEO party is mostly to comply with regulations and laws in the country where they want to expand into.
When using a PEO, you do not need to set up an entity in another country. We become the employee’s employer of record while you are still in charge of day-to-day activities. You are choosing new employees, but we take care of the legal part like taxes, monthly salaries, and local labor laws.
What is a PEO company or PEO organization?
A PEO company is a company like Bradford Jacobs that offers Professional Employer Organization services to expand your business internationally. We realize that setting up your own entity abroad can be frustrating and risky and therefore, we have already laid out the basics for you to get going.
With our existing global infrastructure, we can easily set up a PEO-model and you can be operating in a new market within hours.
How does a PEO work and operate?
As a PEO company, we have always been keen on global expansion and through the years we created an international team of experts across the globe. Our team is well-informed, and stays updated about local laws and regulations in over a hundred countries.
When you decide to start your global expansion in a certain country our legal team is in the starting blocks to set this up. We handle the legwork and risks of building up your workforce in new countries while you focus on your company’s success.
At Bradford Jacobs, we do not believe in a one-model-fits-all way of working. Every person and every business is unique and therefore, we want to create the best tailor-made Professional Employer Organization solution together with you as a trusted partner.
What are PEO Services?
Global expansion is an exciting step, and we want you to feel fully in control and at ease during the entire process. We aim to provide you with a solution that fits your international business goals and expectations now and in the future.
- EOR: The reduction of international employment risks by taking on your PEO as an Employer of Record (EOR), meaning we are legally responsible for the payment of international employees, their benefits, payment of taxes, and/or pensions as the local law requires
- Payroll outsourcing: International payroll does not have to be stressful. We have a devoted team that can take this out of your hands and take full responsibility.
- Recruitment: You can build up your global workforce without having to handle any of the complex global employee and onboarding processes yourself
- Global mobility: Whether you need visas for employees or relocate the workforce in your home country, we are familiar with all immigration laws and requirements, We can help you build up, reduce or move your workforce to and from the country you prefer.
- International knowledge: As our client, you will have access to our international experts with in-depth knowledge of international laws, regulations, and cultural practices at any time
- Continuous support in achieving your global expansion goals: As your partner, we want to hear your story. We want to help you achieve your goals and anticipate new development within your company, but also in the world to make your business thrive.
What does PEO do?
A PEO is an organisation that gives businesses access to employees and markets all over the world without the need to set up an entity in foreign countries.
How do PEO services apply to Payroll and Tax?
Tax systems and Payroll in a foreign country can be extremely complicated. You might not be familiar with the language or certain rules and regulations in a new country, and it is a time-consuming process to get around these. A Professional Employer Organization takes full responsibility for this.
We have have a team of experts in every country that can take care of:
- Social Security
- Pension Payments
- Monthly Pay
- Other legal requirements of your employee
What is the difference between PEO and HR?
HR (Human Resource) is your in-house team or manager that handles employment in your home country. We as a PEO form your international support. Our Talent Acquisition Team can help you with finding the best talent, employing this talent, onboarding, and managing your global employees on a contractual level.
Our Talent Acquisition team is passionate about creating a match between you and new employees. We believe that employees are the foundation of a company and we want to see you conquer new markets and thrive with the right talents by your site.
What are the pros and cons of a
Professional Employer Organization?
Making decisions about your business is always a battle. You gather all information you can find and measure and weigh this in any possible way, but it is still hard to take the plunge.
Do you know what we at Bradford Jacobs do before making big decisions? We use the old-fashioned lists of options. It might sound overdone, but by making lists of advantages and disadvantages your mind becomes at ease and you can easily select which aspects are important to you.
We cannot decide for you, but we can help you with the right information. For this reason, we have listed the pros and cons of hiring us as your Professional Employer Organization.
- Save time and money: We have helped countless businesses expand into new countries, so we know the quickest, most cost-effective ways to bring you to a new market.
- Cut risks & reduce lawsuits: Labor laws and tax regulations in foreign countries can be indistinct and time-consuming. Unfortunately, lawmakers often don’t have a lot of patience when it comes to new businesses getting everything in order and without a PEO they will come knocking on your door. As your EOR, we shoulder the risks of global employment, as well as keeping your company in line with all local employment laws, avoiding any unexpected fees or fines.
- Benefits: We can offer an employer a great package of benefits like medical, dental, and vision coverage, pensions, life or disability benefits, or health care coverage. Due to our international network, we can negotiate the best packages with providers to create happy and satisfied employees.
- Streamlined expansion and hassle-free withdraw: From the moment you spot an international opportunity, we can get things moving. We can set up your Professional Employer Organization in 24 hours and your newest talent can start within days. When you decide to withdraw from the new market, this can also be done in days. Since we have taken on the role of your legal in-country entity we are responsible for the aftermath.
- Test new potential markets without great risks: Using a Professional Employer Organization allows you to test new potential markets for your business at a low threshold. You can easily expand into the country, but if you do not see a bright future for your company you can withdraw fast and easy too, without losing a lot of precious time and money.
- 24/7 support: : No matter what you need, we are here for you. There are no stupid questions, and we can help you with anything at any time. Our experts are only one phone (or Skype) call away.
- We handle the paperwork and employment contract. However, you are still responsible for day-to-activities and the work culture, company goals, or bonuses. .
- Reduced value of in-house HR: Our talent acquisition team does its utmost to keep your employees happy, but your HR department will always be an important part of your success.
As you can see, the benefits of a PEO far outweigh the potential negatives, and we are well-versed in nullifying those cons. So, truly consider the pros of PEO support in expanding your business without the risks fully landing on your shoulders and yours alone.
Who should use a Global PEO?
It does not matter what kind of business you are in. A Global PEO can benefit any company – of any size or industry. The most important part is: Do you have global expansion goals and dreams? If so, we can support you.
The reason we support companies like yours is that we believe all businesses can thrive through global expansion. However, red tape is often an obstacle and we want to cut through this for you and accelerate the process.
All of our clients see an international future for their company and use our Global Professional Employer Organization services in their own way. They:
- are looking for opportunities in global expansion within five years.
- want to test new potential markets
- found international talent and need a quick set-up abroad.
- are ambitious about going global, but do not have the financial back-up or resources yet.
- or they look for a solution between the set-up of their new entity and their acquisition close date.
Whatever your reasons are, we love to hear from you! To many business owners, their company feels like their baby. It is not something you play around with and we are aware of this.
It is our mission to support you by taking care of the aspects that stand in your way during your path to new opportunities.
Did you know that:
- over 4 million employees worldwide have been hired using a PEO?
- 180,000 small to mid-size companies use a PEO?
- 15% of small companies with 10-99 members of staff use a PEO?
- companies like Netflix, Reddit, and Apple use our PEO services?
- many large businesses use a PEO for their local networks and legal knowledge?
Does a PEO arrange visas or relocations?
As your PEO we do not just perform the required tasks; we are also your strategic partner. We anticipate every step of your journey to achieving your goal. As part of the recruitment and onboarding process, we can support you with the required visas for employees, and relocation of your home country employees is possible as well.
For us, as your trusted partner, it is important to provide tailored service now, but also in the future. We are proud to say that we have seen many of our clients prosper and grow through global expansion. A growing business is also a changing business and we are prepared to adapt our services to your circumstances at any point.
What happens when a PEO does not comply with the local laws?
When you take us on as your PEO, we become fully responsible for applying to the local laws. You are risk-free. When a PEO does not follow local regulations compliantly, only the Professional Employer Organization company will be accountable.
Global expansion is an exciting journey, and we want this journey to go smooth and quick by taking care of the parts in which we excel. With our legal team monitoring international developments and specific country laws and regulations, we can ensure you that all paperwork and contracts are fully compliant with a country’s requirements.
What is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) FAQ's
HR administration and in-house HR resources: International PEO is a way to employ people without having your own “company” in the country. In some countries, it is also a way of cooperating around the administration of the employment contracts between the employing company, an administrative company, and the employee. This cooperation is also referred to as Agency Employment, Out staffing, White-label, or Co-Employment
PEO employment is a term that may be used to refer to your employment process overseas, with your expert PEO acting as your Employer of Record (EOR). In laymen’s terms, the PEO handles the risk and paperwork, while you reap the benefits of 100% compliant expansion.
In business, the meaning of PEO could completely vary by person and business, but to us, PEO means:
- Spending less money
- Taking less time
- Reducing risks
- 100% compliance, anywhere in the world
- The first step in international success, for businesses of all sizes
- Ability to test new markets internationally
PEO fees are the contracted fees you pay for the ongoing support of your Professional Employer Organization. This covers their expertise services and will save you significant amounts of money, time, and resources in your business expansion.
Download our Global Professional Employer Organization Guides
Bradford Jacobs is your partner every step of the way. To find out how our services can benefit your company, our Professional Employer Organization Guides are available below. You can also contact us directly: