Setting up a new operation in Malta definitely has its advantages. The country has an English-speaking labor force, there are loads of leisure time attractions, and of course an astounding environment.
However, Malta’s employment market is rather small – with an entire workforce of about 170,000 – and it has certain employment restriction for workers from abroad. Therefore, unless overseas applicants happen to have specialist skills for sought-after occupations, or stumble upon a position which matches certain qualifications, most vacancies tend to fall within consumer-led business services or call centres.
But don’t let that put you off expanding your business into Malta from abroad. It simply requires a bit of patience and know-how by those on the ground – and you should look no further than BRADFORD JACOBS for help with your project or assignment.
Don’t get cross trying to find the right workers in Malta – just call us..
Agents of BRADFORD JACOBS are totally on the ball to make your Maltese expansion processes painless and easy. We can help you hire your candidate of choice, handle HR matters and payroll, and ensure that you’re in compliance with local laws – all without the expense of setting up a branch office or subsidiary. Our Maltese agents and our worldwide Employer of Record Platform is designed to provides you with piece of mind, allowing you to concentrate on running your business.
With BRADFORD JACOBS’ in-country legal experts and our experienced and trained staff, we can guide you smoothly through the many of complex laws and regulations of hiring staff in Malta. When negotiating terms of an employment contract and sending a job offer letter to an employee in Malta, it is a legal requirement to put a strong employment contract in place, in Maltese as well as English, which sets out the terms of the employee’s compensation, benefits, and termination requirements. An offer letter and employment contract in Malta should always state the salary and any compensation amounts in Euro rather than a foreign currency.
Here’s some hugely attractive reasons you should use Bradford Jacobs’ agency services in Malta:
- You have a contractor overseas and you want to take them on full-time as a company employee.
- As they’re a contractor, your company is currently in a non-compliant relationship with them.
- Your company wants to invest in these resources and show your commitment to them by offering then full-time work under your company banner.
- The contractors are asking for the improved status afforded by full-time employment.
- You’re seeking cost-effective solutions in upgrading contractors to employee.
- Legal complications need to be avoided when converting contractors to employees.
- Avoid the costs and risk of maintaining a foreign corporate entity. You see that the compliance and financial perspective as it stands is too high in terms of investment and just does not tie-in with your long term goals.
- It needs to be done quickly. You’d like to hire today, but are in need of an interim solution while setting up your foreign entity.
Well, our single answer to all of these dilemmas is – no problem!
For companies wishing to hire employees in Malta, our expert advisors can walk you through the nuances of employment and hiring in Malta – and indeed in every other European state. Within just 24 hours following your initial call to us, BRADFORD JACOBS will send you a customised proposal to match your exact specifications and requirements. You can have your employees up and running within a few days of the paperwork being signed and sealed.
Remember, whether foreign national expatriates or local national hires, BRADFORD JACOBS can assist with Maltese business visas, work permits, local payroll, taxes, and general employment support. Our services will drastically decrease your time to market, fully compliant and without the hassles and headaches.
If you’re considering engaging a PEO, we suggest you first check out what BRADFORD JACOBS Consulting can offer…
How it works
Our aim as the Employer of Record for your international employees is to provide specific payroll, HR and ‘in-country’ compliance services.
In the first instance, BRADFORD JACOBS professionals will consult with you to understand your specific requirements and timeframes and assess the best model to provide our services. As these are co-employer and employee arrangements, there will be some important conditions for you to consider so that the PEO model remains accurate, timely and – most importantly – compliant with the rules and regulations governing staff employment in a specific country.
The most important thing we do is protect our clients and their workforce – which makes BRADFORD JACOBS the reliable partner you would want to work with.
PEO in Malta
BRADFORD JACOBS Consulting provides employer of record services for clients that want to hire employees and run payroll without first establishing a branch office or subsidiary say, as an example, in Malta. Your candidate is hired via BRADFORD JACOBS agencies in Malta in accordance with local labor laws and can be set up within a few days. One of our experts is assigned to work with your team, representing your company exactly as if he or she were your employee and working to meet your requirements in that country.
Our PEO service enables clients to run payroll in Malta while HR services, tax, and compliance management matters are lifted from their shoulders onto ours. As global PEO professionals, we manage employment contract best practices, as well as severance issues and even termination if required. We also keep you up to date of any changes to local employment laws in Malta.
Establishing a branch office or subsidiary in Malta to engage a small team is time consuming, expensive and complex. Maltese labor law has strong worker protections, requiring great attention to detail and an understanding of local best practices. Our global partners make it problem-free and an easy exercise to expand into Malta. We can help you hire your candidate of choice, handle HR matters and payroll, and ensure that you’re in compliance with local laws – all without the burden of setting up a Maltese branch office or subsidiary outfit.
Features and Benefits
- Solutions available for all nationals.
- Employment and business support provided by local professional partners.
- Contractors benefit from the highest legitimate retention through the use of tax and social security treaties, expatriate tax regimes, pension schemes, double taxation agreements and tax claimable expenses.
- Value for money and flexible fees – inclusive of Maltese tax return and expenses claims. These are charged only when the contractor is starts working. If contractors wish to use their own accountants to file income tax returns, we pay their accountants’ fees up to the amount charged by our own accountant.
- EUR 5,000,000 cover for employers’ and business liabilities.
- Single point of contact, so contractors can focus on their job.
- Extensive expertise in Maltese tax and social security issues.
For the Employer
- Fast international employee engagement solution.
- Controls operating budgets as all employer costs are provided at the outset to ensure full transparency.
- Time efficient with minimal paperwork required compared to the red tape often encountered when setting up your corporate entity.
- Professional assistance with employment and compliance matters.
- Reduced legal and accounting costs.
- All statutory professional insurances are provided as part of the BRADFORD JACOBS service.
For the Employee
- Compliant local employment contract.
- Payroll on-time and 100 percent accurate.
- Professional HR assistance with employment related enquiries.
- Up-to-date information on tax regulations and compliance.
Contract of Employment
- Each worker is issued with a comprehensive contract of employment in dual language – in this example case, Maltese and English.
- An overview of the statutory provisions in Malta will be made available to you prior to contract offer. BRADFORD JACOBS will appraise you of all the salient in-territory HR rules to ensure you have a thorough understanding of Maltese laws and protocols.
- In conjunction with in-country expert advisors, BRADFORD JACOBS will recommend where these provisions can easily be enhanced enabling you to provide a fully competitive salary and benefits package for all your employees.
- Salary, commissions/bonuses and all benefits are agreed with the ‘workside’ employer and are contractually included.
- Fully managed service to assist with routine HR tasks such as absence management and expense processing.
- Guidance on in-territory compliance requirements – such as any legal obligation to record time and overtime provisions.
- Ad-hoc support available around the clock to support you when you need it most in the event of any disciplinary, grievance or other HR matters requiring urgent attention.
- Regular updates provided and advice available to ensure that you are made aware of not only significant changes to existing laws but also to ensure ongoing compliance with all aspects of Maltese employment law.
- BRADFORD JACOBS will bring any issues to your early attention and, where appropriate, work with you to ensure internal policies and handbooks are updated accordingly.
- Accident insurance covering occupational accidents, commuting accidents, and occupational diseases as required by Maltese law is provided as standard.
Payroll & Settlement
- Fully compliant international payroll funding process ensuring that employees and competent authorities are paid on time, electronically into the relevant bank accounts
- Statutory filing, submissions and end of year reporting completed as standard.
- Liability payments made in line with local territory requirements to the respective competent authorities well in advance of deadlines.
- Staff payments made to employees on a fixed weekly/bi-weekly/or monthly basis as required in local currency.
- Electronic pay slips provided to employees.
- We hope that you enjoy a long and mutually beneficial relationship with all your employees. If your employee decides to move on, however, you can rest assured that all leaving documentation required by him or her will be issued efficiently. According to the labor law of Malta, your employees will be at risk of having their work permit revoked if they (i) do not perform the works for which they are employed and (ii) lose vital qualifications that are required to execute the job.
- Our BRADFORD JACOBS’ employment solutions helps you have your mobile workforce officially employed in Malta by our company instead of setting up your own legal entity there. You just choose the right candidate that you need to have working for you in Malta and then leave it to us to handle all the rest – fast and hassle-free.
Once the contractor registers with us, we take care of all work-related permits and registration formalities. He or she sends us completed time sheets and any approved expenses. We invoice the end client. When the invoice is settled, we deduct all contributions due to the Maltese authorities and transfer the remaining salary into the contractor’s bank of choice.
Finally, at the end of the financial year, we prepare the year-end accounts and, at the end of the assignment, we de-register the contractor.
We appreciate each situation and business is different. That is why BRADFORD JACOBS offers a consultative and bespoke solution to every client. Personalised job specifications, job offers and benefits packages are all agreed with you during the set-up process. We know one size does not fit all and rest assured we can accommodate all bespoke requirements.
Sounds good? Then do contact us to arrange an initial Professional Employment Outsourcing consultation with our team.