The United States of America is the strongest economy in the world, valued at over $22 trillion in 2020. The potential is hard to resist for companies planning to launch a subsidiary in the US market, but the complexities of handling employment, tax, work permits and payroll will make many think twice about making the leap.
Bradford Jacobs bridge that gap. Our Professional Employer Organization (PEO) global recruitment and hiring platforms source the best qualified candidates your company needs either in the US or from abroad. Then we remove the pain of complying with the USA’s federal, state and municipal laws by providing solutions to the many layers of employment laws.
We target compliance issues surrounding employment, payroll, taxes, work permits, visas and human resources through our Employer of Record (EOR) services. We consult with you in planning the smoothest route into your new territory, making it possible for new employees to quickly focus on their role. Your company can be functioning in days rather than the months it can take to open and operate a legal subsidiary.
The consultation process begins when we assess your specific needs and preferred timeframe and fit these with the ideal model from our PEO, EOR and Recruitment Process Organization (RPO) options. We ensure your company complies with USA federal and state laws, which can differ widely. We become the Employer of Record for your chosen candidate, who remains under your day-to-day operational control while we deal with all levels of administration.
How Professional Employer Organization (PEO) for the USA works
Bradford Jacobs specialize in creating customized solutions for companies planning international expansion, whether by launching subsidiaries or locating staff in a new territory, because we recognize that businesses have individual requirements that need unique answers.
This certainly applies to the United States of America, where employment law is markedly different to most other countries in the world, with a daunting mix of federal regulations and individual state laws. Some overlap, some contradict. For example the complicated framework of laws in California may be totally different to those applying in Texas. The prospect can be overwhelming, particularly for companies thinking of forming their own legal entity in the US.
It is hard to play by the rules if you don’t know what the rules are …
This is why Bradford Jacobs’ PEO and Employer of Record (EOR) services provide a consultative approach and tailor-made solutions for each client, because we know one size does not fit all.
As PEO specialists in international recruitment we source the talent you need. Then, our EOR platforms in the US enable clients to operate staff in-country with no worries over human resources, tax, payroll, employment legislation and registering employees with the relevant authorities – whichever state you are in and whenever the laws change.
We assist with:
- Ensuring correct documentation, including Form I-9, is in place allowing the employee to work in the US
- Completing Form W-4 so the employer knows how much withholding tax to take for federal tax
- Register the employee with the relevant state’s Labor Agency
- Ensure the employer has worker’s compensation insurance in place, which can vary between states
- Deciding on payroll method so the employee can receive their wages. This involves paying employees, paying payroll tax to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the state’s tax agency if applicable and filing tax returns. This process will operate more efficiently by employing payroll specialists such as Bradford Jacobs
Here we highlight the benefits of having Bradford Jacobs provide your action plan for expansion into the USA economy – it’s efficient, effective and shows a clear pathway into the new territory.
- Your company is ready to deploy an existing employee or recruit in the USA
- Once the candidate is selected through Bradford Jacobs’ PEO global recruitment network, we step in as EOR through our legal USA entity to guarantee compliance with employment contracts, payroll, human resources, tax, visas and work permits
- You have daily control of the employee, while Bradford Jacobs manage all work-related registration formalities and our consultants ensure employees are aware of holidays, benefits and entitlements policies
- Employee sends us completed time sheets and approved expenses claims and we invoice you, the client. When paid, we deduct all contributions to federal and state authorities and transfer the balance into employee’s nominated account
- Within a few days your company has international presence in a new market as we source American employees to fill the roles, in prime position to explore further expansion without having risked the expense or hassle of setting up your own subsidiary or branch office
Using USA Professional Employer Organization Provider Features and Benefits
Bradford Jacobs’ Professional Employer Organization (PEO) procedures offer an efficient, speedy, stress-free alternative to the time-consuming, expensive and hazardous alternative of establishing a legal entity in the United States of America.
Our PEO and Employer of Record (EOR) solutions make it possible for foreign companies to have a flexible and mobile workforce operating legally in the USA in the shortest time possible. We source suitable candidates for the new roles, employers make their choice – Bradford Jacobs handle the rest.
- Customized solutions for all nationalities moving to work in the USA
- Local specialists deliver ongoing business support
- Comprehensive EOR expertise ensures employees are aware of expatriate or double taxation treaties, deductible expenses or social security benefits
- Bradford Jacobs cover accountant fees to the level our own accountants would charge
- One-to-one consultation with employees helps them adjust to a new location and culture, ensuring they can concentrate on work
USA Professional Employer Organization Features and Benefits for the Employer
- Rapidly onboard employees for international expansion into the USA
- Full transparency as all employer costs are detailed at the outset to give total control over launch and operating budgets
- Time efficient – minimal paperwork removes red tape involved in establishing a subsidiary
- Expert guidance with employment and compliance issues
- Reduced accountancy and legal costs
- Bradford Jacobs’ services include all statutory professional insurances
USA Professional Employer Organization Features and Benefits for the Employee
- Worry-free local employment contract, complying with both federal and state laws
- 100% accurate salary payments delivered on time
- One-to-one professional human resources advice on employment-related issues
- Updates on tax and social insurance requirement
USA Professional Employer Organization Contracts of Employment Benefits
- Employee receives comprehensive guidance on whether contracts should be negotiated for their role or whether they operate under the USA’s typical ‘employment at-will’ provisions
- Prior to any contractual agreement, Bradford Jacobs provide overview of all the USA’s statutory regulations and protocols
- Bradford Jacobs’ advisers will recommend where provisions can be enhanced so employees can obtain a competitive salary and benefits package
- Salary and any commission, bonuses or benefits are all contractually agreed with the employer
USA Professional Employer Organization Human Resources Service
- On-call service to assist with routine HR concerns such as absence management and processing expenses
- Guidance with US compliance regulations, such as any legal obligation to record hours worked and overtime
- Prompt 24/7 support with disciplinary or grievance issues needing urgent response
- Regular updates and on-call advice to ensure ongoing compliance with changes in federal or state employment law
- Liaison with employees to ensure they are up-to-date with companies’ internal policies and handbooks
- Accident insurance as and if required by US federal or state law is provided as standard, covering occupational and commuting accidents and occupational illness
USA Professional Employer Organization Payroll Service
- Fully-compliant international PEO funding process, ensuring employees and all relevant federal and state authorities are paid on time and into nominated accounts
- Statutory filing, submissions and end-of-year reporting completed as standard
- Payments made to employees on pre-arranged weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis as required in US dollars
- Electronic payslips for employees
- Compensation and benefits are also included in PEO guidance. Discover more here
- Bradford Jacobs are confident you will share a long and mutually beneficial relationship with your staff. However, if an employee decides to move on be assured all necessary leaving documents, as required, will be issued promptly and efficiently.
USA Professional Employer Organization Visas, Work Permits and Migration
Foreign companies intending to expand into the USA, whether with a subsidiary or by locating employees, have to comply with strict rules on work permits and visas. Bradford Jacobs’ experience on dealing with visas and work permits worldwide ensures this complex sector poses no problems.
USA Professional Employer Organization Hiring and Recruitment
Bradford Jacobs provide global recruitment services to place employees in the USA. Do you need to search for the perfect employee for the USA? Do not hesitate to make contact with us here or discover more information at
Contact Bradford Jacobs to work with our USA PEO Services
Bradford Jacobs’ in-depth and unrivalled knowledge of the USA’s federal and state employment and tax regulations ensure that international companies enjoy the smoothest possible transition for their expansion plans. Bradford Jacobs clear every hurdle, from the first step of selecting candidates to filling the designated role, to organizing visas and work permits and then managing every aspect of administration. Bradford Jacobs’ expertise as an Employer of Record will ensure compliance with tax, payroll and employment laws, HR issues, insurance and statutory holiday entitlements for the employee, who remains under daily control of the parent company.
All of this is made possible by EOR and PEO, without the costly and time-consuming alternative of setting up a subsidiary within the country. You and your staff concentrate on business, Bradford Jacobs concentrate on everything else. To learn more about how Bradford Jacobs can remove the barriers to your company’s expansion into the United States of America, contact us here.