The Mediterranean island of Malta joined the European Union in 2004 and the Euro zone in 2008 and has a compact employment market workforce of fewer than 200,000. Foreign companies moving into the market look to place employees with specialist skills in sought-after occupations.
Bradford Jacobs provide specific support for payroll, taxation, human resources and compliance issues as you expand your operations by accessing the best talent in Malta’s workforce. Our EOR services combine with our proven PEO successes for international recruitment outsourcing. We provide a seamless operation that will see your company functioning in a matter of days rather than the weeks or months it would take to set up a subsidiary in a new territory.
Initially, Bradford Jacobs’ specialists assess your specific requirements and timeframe and fit these to the ideal model from our EOR, PEO and Recruitment Process Organisation (RPO) options. Crucially, we ensure your company complies with Maltese rules and regulations governing staff employment, contracts, tax and payroll. Your chosen candidate is hired via our agencies in Malta and remains under your day-to-day control while Bradford Jacobs operate as the EOR to deal with all the administration and paperwork relating to Malta’s employment laws.
How Malta Professional Employer Organisation works
Bradford Jacobs understand businesses have individual requirements, often creating unique recruitment situations – and Malta is no different with some individual legislative requirements that take careful management. This is why Bradford Jacobs’ Employer of Record (EOR) services provide a consultative approach and tailor-made solution for each client, because we know one size does not fit all.
Our EOR agencies in Malta enable clients to operate staff in-country with no worries over human resources services, tax, payroll, hiring and firing or having to respond to frequent changes in local regulations and employment law. As Professional Employer Organisation (PEO) and international recruitment experts we source the talent you need, then employ our EOR solutions to follow employment contract best practices and also guarantee to keep you updated on any Maltese employment law changes.We also assist with registration of your employees with the Maltese tax and social security system. Bradford Jacobs not only help with this process but also navigate the complex administration of the Maltese payroll requirements. As part of our service, we can administer the returns and associated payments for wage tax and social security contributions directly from our payroll system to the tax authority, relieving you of the following responsibilities:
- Registering with the Maltese Commissioner for Revenue Office
- Registering with Maltese Directorate of Social Security
- Creating employment contracts
- Applying special expatriation status (if applicable)
- Calculating monthly salary and creating payslips
- Researching available tax free allowances
- Submitting wage tax returns and national insurance forms
- Annual accounts, administration and year-end statements
- Creating payment schedule for wage tax, national insurances, and net wages
This step-by-step guide highlights the simplicity of having Bradford Jacobs provide your blueprint for expansion into the Maltese economy.
- Your company is ready to deploy an existing employee or recruit in Malta
- Once the candidate is selected, Bradford Jacobs step in as EOR through our legal Maltese entity to guarantee compliance with employment contracts, payroll, human resources, tax and where required, Maltese visas and work permits
- You have daily control of the employee, while Bradford Jacobs manage all work-related registration formalities and our consultants ensure employees are aware of holidays, benefits and entitlements policies
- Employee sends us completed time sheets and approved expenses claims and we invoice you, the client. When paid, we deduct all contributions to Maltese authorities and transfer the balance into employee’s nominated account
- Within a few days your company has international presence in a new market, in prime position to explore further expansion without having risked the expense or hassle of setting up your own subsidiary or branch office
Using Malta Professional Employer Organisation Provider Features and Benefits
Bradford Jacobs’ international Employer of Record (EOR) and Professional Employer Organisation (PEO) employment solutions enable employers to have their mobile workforce legally and officially employed in Malta. This is an efficient, fast and stress-free alternative to the time-consuming, hazardous and expensive exercise of establishing a legal entity in-country. Employers select their candidate – Bradford Jacobs handle the rest. We provide:
- Customised solutions for all nationalities moving to work in Malta
- Local specialists deliver ongoing business support
- Extensive EOR expertise ensures employees are aware of any treaties on expatriate tax, double taxation treaties, reclaimable expenses or social security agreements
- If employee uses own accountant, fees are covered by Bradford Jacobs to the level charged by our accountant
- Five million Euros cover for employers’ business liabilities
- One-to-one contact with Bradford Jacobs’ consultants ensures employee can concentrate on work
Malta PEO Features and Benefits for Employer
- Rapid solution to on-boarding employees for your international expansion in Malta
- Total control over operating budgets as all employer costs are detailed at outset for full transparency
- Time efficient – minimal paperwork removes red tape that would be involved in setting up a subsidiary
- Expert guidance with employment and compliance issues
- Reduced accountancy and legal costs
- Bradford Jacobs’ services include all statutory professional insurances
Malta PEO Features and Benefits for Employee
- Worry-free compliant local employment contract
- On time and 100% accurate salary payment
- One-to-one professional human resources advice on employment-related issues
- Updates on tax and compliance regulations
Malta PEO Contract of Employment Benefits
- Employee receives comprehensive employment contract under Malta’s Law of Obligations, in Maltese, English and language of choice if required
- Prior to contract offer, Bradford Jacobs provide overview of all Maltese statutory provisions, regulations and protocols
- Bradford Jacobs’ advisers will recommend where provisions can be enhanced so employers can offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- Salary, commission, bonuses and benefits are all contractually agreed with the employer
Malta PEO Human Resources (HR) Services
- On-call service to assist with routine HR concerns such as absence management and processing expenses
- Guidance with Maltese compliance rules, such as any legal obligation to record hours worked and overtime provisions
- Prompt 24/7 support with disciplinary or grievance issues needing urgent response
- Regular updates and on-call advice to ensure ongoing compliance with changes in Malta’s employment law
- Liaison with employees to ensure they are up-to-date with companies’ internal policies and handbooks
- Accident insurance as and if required by Maltese law is provided as standard, covering occupational and commuting accidents and occupational illness
Malta PEO Payroll Services
- Fully-compliant international EOR / PEO funding process, ensuring employees and competent authorities are paid electronically on time into nominated bank accounts
- Statutory filing, submission and end-of-year reporting completed as standard
- Liability payments made in accordance with Maltese requirements to the respective competent authorities well in advance of deadlines
- Payments made to employees on fixed weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis, as required, in Euros
- Electronic payslips provided for employees
- Compensation and benefits in Malta are also covered by EOR / PEO services.
- Bradford Jacobs are confident you will share a long and mutually beneficial relationship with your staff. However, if an employee decides to move on be assured all necessary leaving documents required by him or her will be issued promptly and efficiently.
Malta PEO Visas, Permits and Migration
- Bradford Jacobs ensure all visas and work permits are obtained in time to secure the employee’s smooth transition to Malta. Our services strictly comply with all regulations on visas and work permits.
- Malta Hiring and Recruiting
- Bradford Jacobs provide global recruitment services into Malta. Do you need to search worldwide for the perfect employee for Malta?
Contact Bradford Jacobs to work with our Malta PEO Services
Bradford Jacobs’ in-depth and unrivalled knowledge of Malta’s employment laws and tax regulations ensure that international companies will enjoy the smoothest possible transition for their expansion plans. Bradford Jacobs will clear every hurdle, from the first step of selecting candidates to filling the designated role, to organising visas and work permits and then managing every aspect of administration. Bradford Jacobs’ expertise as an Employer of Record will ensure compliance with tax, payroll and employment laws, HR issues, insurance and statutory holiday entitlements for the employee, who remains under daily control of the parent company.
All of this is made possible by EOR and PEO, without the costly and time-consuming alternative of setting up a subsidiary within the country. You and your staff concentrate on business, Bradford Jacobs concentrate on everything else. To learn more about how Bradford Jacobs can remove the barriers to your company’s expansion into Malta, contact us here.